ATTENTION: Until further notice ExSIDE still accepts applications for the individual research projects 7 and 11 (click here for a list of all Individual research projects). For all other individual research projects the selection process has been completed and applications are no longer evaluated at this point.
All applications have to be submitted via the ExSIDE application portal. Each doctoral fellow will be accepted for working on one of the ExSIDE individual research projects, which are each associated with a given mobility track and set of supervisors (the projects are described in detail here). On the application portal each candidate has to indicate a preference among at most two individual projects by entering the numbers of these two projects in the appropriate fields.
Please carefully study the information about the individual research projects and decide about your two preferred projects before starting your application.
At the ExSIDE application portal, each applicant is asked to provide some personal information as well as the personal ranking among the two selected individual research projects and to upload two PDF-files (no other file format will be accepted).
- copies of previous degrees/diploma
- copies of any other activities
- a proof of language proficiency (for non-native speakers who have not completed a university or college degree entirely in English a TOEFL score of 93 is required)
- any other information the candidate would like to include
Each applicant is asked to indicate names and email addresses of two academic or professional referees on the application portal. These referees will be asked automatically to submit letters of reference directly to ExSIDE. Please make sure that the names and email addresses of your referees entered in the application portal coincide with that entered in the application form.
Please prepare your application carefully before submitting through the application portal. Information provided through the ExSIDE application platform cannot be changed by the applicant after submission
Only complete applications will be processed. In particular, without exception no application will be processed where one of the two PDF files is missing, less than two referees have been indicated or no preference for an individual research project has been entered in the application portal.
After submission you will receive an automatic confirmation email. Every applicant will be informed about the outcome of the selection process once the ExSIDE consortium has completed the selection procedure. We expect the procedure to take several weeks after the application deadline and ExSIDE does not answer to queries with respect to the selection process during this period. Applicants might be contacted by one of the ExSIDE partners during the selection procedure in order to obtain further information or to carry out (skype-)interviews.
- the quality of the Master degree (including the thesis),
- the match of the background with the selected project,
- the motivation of the candidate expressed in the motivational letter, letters of recommendation and (potentially) a job interview.
- the willingness to engage in inter-disciplinary work and to communicate about the own work with the general public and the non-academic.